Skin needling reduces scarring and improves elasticity and thickness of the skin by stimulating the body’s own repair response, including the production of natural collagen and important growth factors.
If you are serious about turning back the clock then this is one of the most advantages treatments you can do. We are noticing the most dramatic change to patients skin when they perform this medical treatment with another modality. You can also perform the home needling in your own home which will increase the effectiveness of your environ products.
Skin Needling is a revolutionary way to stimulate normal collagen production for smoothing the skin and treating fine and deep wrinkles. See our photos.
There are two types of Skin Needling – Medical and Home needling.
- Medical Needling – performed by our Nurse or Dr depending on the depth of roller. Rollers range from 1.5 – 3mm. Topical numbing agents are given when performed in the clinic. There is no pain after the treatment. Performed once a month and is a repeat treatment. The 3mm roller is performed by a Dr in a Hospital under General Aesthetic. When treatment is finished the client will look as though they have sunburn and this usually subsides approximately 12hrs afterwards depending on the person’s general health and the treatment.
- Home Needling – where you can perform the treatment yourself and at home using 0.2mm roller. Minimal swelling and no bruising and performed on a daily basis.
Principle of micro-needling.
Micro-needling causes microscopic breaks in the blood vessels immediately below the surface layer of the skin (epidermis). This action releases blood platelets that are responsible for blood clotting when, for example, a blood vessel has been opened. The blood platelets release a series of growth factors that promote the production of collagen, elastin and other substances. In turn, collagen and elastin help to tighten and smooth the skin. We therefore need to boost this chain of events in order to promote as much elastin and collagen production as possible – this all occurs at a microscopic level.
The achievement of Purcutaneous Collagen Induction through a course of six treatments using of the Environ® Medical Roll-CIT® can typically result in the following:
- Fine lines and wrinkles are softened
- Skin is thickened, tightened and elasticity restored
- Acne scarring and minor scarring is reduced
- Pigmentation marks are lightened
- Stretch marks are improved
- The disappearance of dilated blood vessels is encouraged
- A natural response is induced
- Healing period is minimal (redness for +/- half a day)
- Procedure is cost-effective
- Process is suited to all skin types (including laser-resurfaced skin)
- No permanent damage is caused
- Safely repeatable for maximum results
- No sun-sensitivity is induced
- All areas of the face, neck and body can be treated
Want to know more? Call for a FREE consultation with our nurse!